Question about transferring iPod music

Solved/Closed
Abby - Jun 20, 2011 at 04:17 PM
Kentyet Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 15, 2013 - Jul 15, 2013 at 03:33 AM
Hello,
My computer is fried but I need to get the music on my iPod onto another computer. I've authorized my mom's computer to be able to play the music and also transferred all my purchases to her computer. If I sync with her computer will all my music be deleted even though I've tranferred my purchases over? I've looked all over but cannot seem to find an answer to my specific question. I only ever find where people are needing to sync with another computer but never mention tranferring everything over first.

Thanksfor any help...
Abby

Related:

3 responses

So as long as it was bought through iTunes (which all of my stuff was), and since everything has been transferred to my mom's computer already, I shouldn't loose anything? It's an awful lot of money to take a chance on loosing...

Abby
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jun 20, 2011 at 10:38 PM
This is my understanding of the issue: when you sync you get exactly the songs that are on the PC. You will loose any songs on the iPod that were not bought thru iTunes.
Kentyet Posts 2 Registration date Thursday July 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 15, 2013
Jul 15, 2013 at 03:33 AM
If you bought songs on iTunes, you can download them for free again because they should be linked to your account. But if those music on your ipod are from other computers via itunes, you may not transfer them from ipod to pc because itunes can only transfer these fiels from itunes to your ipod touch. In that case you will need some other tools to do that.