Shortcut VIrus

Solved/Closed
Nil - Jul 1, 2011 at 05:47 AM
kevin_techno Posts 45 Registration date Tuesday August 2, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2011 - Aug 24, 2011 at 05:09 AM
Hello,

my computer is infected by a virus, everytime i plug in usb flash disk on the drive, it shows shorcut to ..., how to remove it? please help..
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 1, 2011 at 04:05 PM
Check this Kioskea posting. It solved the problem:

https://ccm.net/forum/affich-488562-shortcut-virus-on-flash-drive

Good Luck
kevin_techno Posts 45 Registration date Tuesday August 2, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2011 7
Aug 24, 2011 at 05:09 AM
Here is how to prevent or minimize it:
Turn off System Restore beforehand on all drives (My Computer, Properties, System Restore, put checks on the Turn off System Restore on All Drives
Turn off the process "wscript.exe" (Task manager. Services, wscript.exe, right click on wscript exe, end process / end process tree)

Open Windows Explorer, click the menu "Tools" and select "Folder Options", then on the tab "View" click on "Show hidden files and folders", remove the tick mark on "Hide extensions for known file types" and also remove the tick mark on the Hide protected operating system files. Click OK.

Click the Search button, click All Files and Folders, In the All or part of the file name type: Autorun.inf, in the Look in click "My Computer", then put checks all on the More Advanced Options and delete all files have been discovered.

Click the Search button, click All Files and Folders, In the All or part of the file name type: Dekstop.ini. Delete this file.

Click the Search button, click All Files and Folders, In the All or part of the file name type: *. lnk>>> (LNK not ink). Delete this file.