Toshiba Laptop Does Not Boot Up

Closed
TECHNOCURIOUS - Jul 8, 2011 at 04:03 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jul 8, 2011 at 02:31 PM
Hello,

I have a Toshiba laptop which is a few years old now. All of the sudden it started playing up and it will not boot. I get the Toshiba screen and some scratching noises. After a few minutes a screen appears which says "cannot locate disc". I have tried to press f12 and pressed save default settings, but nothing is happening. I have a recovery disc, but among the instructions it says that i will lose all data. Is there a way of using the recovery disc and still having access to the files i had on the laptop? Is there something i can do to recover my files before i insert the recovery disc? And finally- will the recovery disc help in the first place?

Many thanks!

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jul 8, 2011 at 02:31 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
Go to BIOS --> Load default settings --< Make sure your hard disk is detected in the BIOS --> Set the first boot device as hard disk --> Save the settings and exit from the BIOS.
Good Luck