Watermark to some pages not all

Solved/Closed
Anonymous User - Jul 17, 2011 at 02:35 PM
 Catherine - Jan 19, 2019 at 04:57 PM
Hello Office Software Geek,

I am currently writing a lengthy document and want to add my name as a watermark to some pages and another name to others. But the problem is if I apply my name as watermark, it marks it on all pages and I do not want, I just want to apply to some pages. Is that possible with Microsoft Office 2010?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Related:

2 responses

RWomanizer Posts 365 Registration date Monday February 7, 2011 Status Contributor Last seen September 30, 2013 120
Updated on Nov 30, 2018 at 09:18 AM
Hi Bionik,

FYI, A watermark object (picture or text) is anchored in the Header area.

You can use different watermarks on Different pages as:
  • 1. Make sure that you use section breaks to separate the sets of pages that require differing Watermarks (including sections with NO watermark). for this go Page layout ----Page setup ---- Break ---- Section Break
  • 2. Insert the Watermark you would like for any section - initially it will be the same throughout the document.
  • 3. Double-click, and modify, the Headers so that each section does NOT have 'Same as previous'.
  • 4. Move to the (in your case) first section, double-click its Header - you will now be able to 'select' the watermark with a single (Left-)click.
  • 5. Right Click the Watermark, choose 'Edit text, and modify the Watermark for that section.
  • 6. Repeat for the other sections until you have whatever Watermark you want (including NO Watermark) in each section.

Regards,
Rahul
Anonymous User
Jul 19, 2011 at 03:26 AM
Hi,

Thank you Rwomanizer, the issue is solved.

Have a nice day.
RWomanizer Posts 365 Registration date Monday February 7, 2011 Status Contributor Last seen September 30, 2013 120
Jul 26, 2011 at 12:56 AM
You are most welcome