Adware/spyware

Solved/Closed
sama_q Posts 1 Registration date Sunday July 24, 2011 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2011 - Jul 24, 2011 at 03:20 PM
 Paulina - Jul 25, 2011 at 11:15 AM
Hello,

I have clicked a link on facebook chat that redirected me to a youtube page. Afterwards i discovered that my computer has been infected with a Trojan virus.

I have downloaded the MalwareBytes Anti Maleware, scanned my computer and removed infected files, and viruses.

Now, I am trying to view facebook login page. But i can't I am getting this message instead:
Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the connection

What to do now? If the cause of the problem is that the malwarebytes program is blocking the site how do i solve it.

Please provide me with information ASAP. If my facebook account has been compromised i really need to log in and change password and retrieve information.

Your help is highly appreciated!

I was using google chrome btw :)
Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jul 24, 2011 at 04:06 PM
To help you, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a log.

Open this link and download ZHPDiag :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

Register the file on your Desktop.

Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the instructions.

the tool created two icons ZHPDiag and ZHPFix (we will use ZHPFix at the next step).

Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

Click on the Magnifying glass and run the analysys.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

Close ZHPDiag.

To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

Click on Parcourir and search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\Program Files\ZHPDiag).

Select the file ZHPDiag.txt.

Click on "upload »

Copy the url and post it here
i uploaded the report from zodiac http://www.speedyshare.com/files/29563995/ZHPDiag.Txt
I will apreciate your help thanks
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jul 25, 2011 at 05:08 AM
Hello Paulina,

Your system is badly infected by mostly adware and spyware; as a matter of a fact your firewall has been disabled by the virus.

Mywebsearch, Bandoo, and fun web products should all be eliminated from your system.

The source of the infection are downloads from UTorrent and other supposedly funny applications.

Here is what I suggest you do.

Search and delete the following files:

Deleted the Bandoo application.

Download, install and run Malwarebyte which you can find on this site:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/ es-anti-malware

Ensure you make an update.

Boot your computer in safemode

Please request a FULL system scan, which may take from 20 minutes to hours. Do not interfere no matter how long in takes. The creators of Malwarebyte recommend that while the tool is running that you go do something else, such as watching a rerun of Gone with the Wind or read Tolstoy's War and Peace.

If Malwarebyte restarts your system, launch it again to finish the Full scan.

When the scan is completed, delete all items found.

Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
*Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
*Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

This way it gets rid of anything bad that might have gotten saved in a restore point and you have a clean restore point to use in the near future if needed.
Do not turn it off until your computer is clean and working normally because you might need to use it if something goes wrong during the clean-up process.
It is better to go back to an infected restore point if something goes wrong then to not be able to undo changes that were damaging.

Finally reboot your machine in normal mode, go to the control panel security centre and ensure your firewall is activated

Good luck and let me know
Hi I actually spend whole last night deleting the viruses and now everything is fine thanks for help
Hi I have the same problem I opened the chat with youtube link and there is trojan i scanned computer but nothing helps I am using mozilla firefox i reinstalled the firefox but didnt help.