Unable to open application files???? windows

Closed
beginner_tech Posts 5 Registration date Friday August 12, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 12, 2011 - Aug 12, 2011 at 12:17 AM
 Anonymous User - Aug 13, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Hello, Im trying to get a wireless connection to an older model computer Its a Dell latitude c840. To make a long story short. I need to install a driver to the laptop in order to get a wireless connection. So i downloaded the driver needed, and I put it on a USB. When I connect the usb to the dell latitude PC the files won"t open.
When I click on it it says to open this files windows need to know what program created it ect.
HOW DO I OPEN THIS FILE?

ADD Details: I already redownloaded the driver, and from different websites, I have four as a matter of fact, but all of them gives me the same error messsage
PLZ HELP
Related:

5 responses

Anonymous User
Aug 12, 2011 at 12:31 AM
Hope you have problem with EXE files alone

Run this registry fix

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/fileassoc/xp_exe_fix.zip
beginner_tech Posts 5 Registration date Friday August 12, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 12, 2011
Aug 12, 2011 at 11:53 AM
I think the application lost its icons,because it does not give me because I opened up other applications with no problem. I seem to be having trouble with this one app, but I have duplicates of it, and all of them aren't opening for me. Its called
Dell Driver downloadmanager
And the icon for it isn't showing,
beginner_tech Posts 5 Registration date Friday August 12, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 12, 2011
Aug 12, 2011 at 12:42 AM
IDK if application files and exe.files are the same thing, but the file that I am trying to open is a APPLICATION file. It is a driver need to make the wireless connection work on a older model laptop
Anonymous User
Aug 12, 2011 at 08:24 AM
Did you try the fix given below?

There are 2 possibilities when you get this error

one is if your EXE files doesnot open

another is when your application files has lost their icons

if you face the second one please reply you may need to try another fix
Aug 12, 2011 at 11:52 AM
I think the application lost its icons,because it does not give me because I opened up other applications with no problem. I seem to be having trouble with this one app, but I have dupllicates of it, and all of them aren't opening for me. Its called
Dell Driver downloadmanager

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Anonymous User
Aug 12, 2011 at 12:15 PM
Hi

The problem is with your PC ,you need to install latest net framework to make dell download manager work

There is a solution to bypass this

Use Firefox or IE to download from dell site

First step is to clear your cookies ,cache,restart your browser

Next,when you click on download option a windows pops up which shows two options

one is to download using Dell download manager

another is to download via browser

Select the second one
Aug 12, 2011 at 01:09 PM
How do I do that? IThe dell latitude computer has no internet. I have to install the driver in order to get internet.
So can I install the latest net framework using a USB flash drive?
Anonymous User
Aug 13, 2011 at 12:00 AM
So without internet how will you download your drivers after installing dell download manager ??????

Do this on a PC which has internet connection,download,copy to your PC and install