Keyboard troubles

Solved/Closed
jimbobjoe Posts 2 Registration date Sunday January 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 26, 2009 - Updated on Nov 4, 2017 at 06:25 AM
 car - Oct 21, 2017 at 10:38 AM
Hello, my keyboard is pretty messed up for my on msn or any other sites I visit besides this site my "?" buttin shows me and "e" when I press it im unsure how to fix this so I ask you on all my other sites I go on when I need to put a question mark I have to use "shift" "6" and that brings up my "?"

Any Help?

Thankz
Related:

11 responses

holld control on the left side and shift on the right....it will fix your issue
Just wanted to say thanks..... now I can ask questions again... (?) You're explanation was so straight forward, and easy after trying for better than an hour to try and figure out. Thanks again!
ohhhhh...thank you sooo much...i was getting upset I couldn't fix the problem...you are a life safer...
thx it really helped only I had to hold both on both sides :p
thank you so much my keyboard has been like that for months and I couldnt find a way to get it to work right. thank you very much.
awesome ......i was gettin so frustrated, thanks
Left Alt+Shift switches between input languages
Thank you!!!
I had similar problems with my HP Notebook.

The solution was to hold down the ctrl+fn and TAP right shift key. The tapping is important. I tried several times by holding down the right shift key and it did not work.
wow.. cool... thank you so much camloch47! this has been driving me crazy!
ctrl+fn+TAP the right shift key worked! I have my English keyboard back again!
you rock!
wow that was easy thanks
annoyedno longer
Apr 22, 2010 at 10:28 AM
omg genius!!!!!
:) THX
thank you so much..i wasted 3 hours trying to figure out what was wrong..almost was about to replace the keypad.saved me a few grand. god bless you
press control shift.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
If you are on a Mac, this is what you do:

Click on the apple in the upper left corner of your screen.

Select System Preferences

Select International

Click on Input Menu

Then select the language you want, ie: American or whatever.

That should do the trick!

Good Luck!!!
At first you do not need to format your Hard Drive at all for the sake of this little problem.

Suggestion:
Go to control panel of your system then move to keyboard and check the language setting including the layout.

or
Solution to correct error of é appearing in document instead of correct symbol / in microsoft word 2000.
Your help was greatly appreciated.
You wrote "Hold control on the left side and shift on the right....it will fix your issue."
Now when I press / I get / as a result in Microsoft word instead of the result é .
Thank you very much.
Computers can be a blessing or a curse.
Most often a blessing though.
thank you!
Thanks so much Jimbobjoe! This was driving me crazy.
I have the same problem but instead, I sometime get an e with an accent when I want quotation marks
for windows8:
1.switch to control panel
2.select language option
3.click on united kingdom or other that u have installed
4.click on add input method
5.select english(indian)
6.under advance settings(left side) of language home screen change language bar hot keys.
7.you can keep this icon in the taskbar.
8 from the taskbar select english(indian) option
9.then u are done