Hello, I am having trouble connecting

Solved/Closed
Vince - Aug 25, 2011 at 05:05 AM
 Vince - Aug 25, 2011 at 09:30 PM
Hello,

I have windows 7 on my laptop and forgot to update my spyware so now the system will not let me access the internet to update it. I ran spybot to clean it and continue to get an error page that comes up with the marker Win 7 Antispyware Unregistered on my window tab and it asks me to download their spyware and frankly don't want it. May there be a solution to help me get back online so I can download avast or another spyware system?

I am showing to be connected wireless but this continues re-occupy the windows tab and wont let me get online. Figure it has to do with the connection somewhere. I appreciate any input anyone may have as well as your time and effort in advance....

Thanks again...

3 responses

kevin_techno Posts 45 Registration date Tuesday August 2, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 5, 2011 7
Aug 25, 2011 at 05:49 AM
Open Network Diagnostics by right-clicking the network icon in the notification area, and then clicking Diagnose and repair. Reset your modem and router.
Thank you so much for your advice Kevin however after doing as instructed I still have no access and have obtained an error message which reads: the remote device or resource won't accept the connection.
Anonymous User
Aug 25, 2011 at 11:03 AM
Win 7 antispyware is rogue.

step 1

Now go to run and type

inetcpl.cpl

Select advanced tab and reset.
This should solve your connection issue.

step 2

Do you face problems accessing your browser?

Right click on your browser and run as administrator.

If still you face rogue pop up,

open your c drive

select

organize-folders and search options-select view tab-scroll down and you may find 'hide extension for known file types' .Uncheck this option

now right click on your browser,open file location,change your browser name to

something like 123.com

try opening now
Now download this

https://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Run rkill before installing malwarebytes
Thank you so much for your help and expertise! That did the trick! Have a great day!
iigwk Posts 1 Registration date Thursday August 25, 2011 Status Member Last seen August 25, 2011
Aug 25, 2011 at 09:24 PM
This is correct
Yes, as mentioned previously, Sundar's advice was right on and I appreciate the insight and help. The rogue virus is what was blocking me from being able to get the brouser to work correctly. After follwoing the instructions as set forth it was a matter of minutes before it was working again.

Thanks again, to all those who participated and your efforts are greatly appreciated.