AA1 D255 black screen

Solved/Closed
laptop - Aug 26, 2011 at 09:54 AM
 tsh - May 30, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Hello, thanks for this forum this is very helpful; I wolud like to know if this process works in Acer Aspire One D255?? I already tried this process but nothing: the power light doesn't stars blinking... I even installed the latest BIOS version from Acer website but the screen continues black... :(
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

P.s. the worse thing: the AO isn't mine, is my grandmother's netbook and i'm trying to fix this embarrassing problem :S
Related:

2 responses

Anonymous User
Aug 26, 2011 at 10:57 AM
Greetings,

Begin to tell us exactly the problem you encounter.

Waiting for your feedback!
Hi! thanks for answering. About one week ago the AA1 was good, no problems, but one day I started the netbook and the screen was black (i heard the windows sound) and the keyboard neither worked. I searched a lot and I found that BIOS was the problem; as I said in the question above I tried to follow the process that some people showed in this forum: http://ccm.net/forum/affich-46702-aspire-one-wont-boot-even-the-bios-dont-show but nothing, the power light didn't start blinking so I couldn't update the BIOS, I even installed the latest version of BIOs from Acer website but nothing, the screen remains black...
i hope you can help me, thanks again!
Anonymous User
Aug 26, 2011 at 11:46 AM
I don't think there is a BIOS issue, I'll said it is probably a monitor or graphic card issue. Try to hook up your laptop to an external monitor to see if the problem still exists.
i already connect the laptop to a monitor before and it's OK, no problems, but when a I disconnect the monitor the laptop's screen remains black.
thanks for answering!
Anonymous User
Aug 26, 2011 at 12:31 PM
Type the combinaison key "Fn+F5" of your keyboard to switch the display from the monitor to the laptop screen.
i already tried that and the laptop screen continues black, as always...
Anonymous User
Aug 26, 2011 at 01:14 PM
You have a screen issue, go to a computer repair shop for changing your laptop screen.

Regards!