Computer powers on but will not boot up.

Closed
HelpMe! - Aug 28, 2011 at 01:00 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 28, 2011 at 04:39 AM
Hello,

A few months back my emachine desktop computer of four years suddenly started acting up. It had a few blue screens and suddenly when I restarted it, it wouldn't come back on. When I press the power button the hard drive comes on like normally however, the light around the power button does not, nor will it boot up on the screen.

Every thing else works.

The screen comes on, the speakers work, the computer as far as I can tell works.
But the fan sounds like it's maybe going too fast or hard. It's really loud in other words. And when you try to turn it off by holding the power button down, it won't turn off.

You have to forcefully shut it down by unplugging it. Please help. I have some documents on there I would very much like to recover.

I have heard a myth that if you put the hardrive in the freezer that helps, but I'm hesitant to do so.

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Aug 28, 2011 at 04:39 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.