Laptop turns on but no display

Closed
redimang - Sep 4, 2011 at 06:37 PM
 ako - Nov 17, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Hello,

i have a lenovo laptop but it turns on but no display
. You can hear the fan but the screen stays black what can the problem be can it be water
or soft please help me

Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 4, 2011 at 07:02 PM
Blank screens are caused by a number of problems:
1. backlight broken - shine a bright light at an angle to the screen if a faint imaged is seen then it's either the backlight or the inverter that powers the backlight.
2. inverter - see above
3. cable (wires) from the motherboard to the screen
4. broken LCD

all of the above require a qualified tech to diagnose and/or fix. Often it costs more to fix than to buy a new laptop.

Good Luck
they have no another way to resolve that problem
somebody told me because of liqued that fel on my keybord the screen wont work not even on an external monitor is that true
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 5, 2011 at 01:29 PM
yes the motherboard may have been damaged by the liquid. You can remove the hard drive and connect it to an external USB adapter to make it into an external hard drive for another computer.

Good Luck
So what is the problem that if you turn on your laptop the bios will not appear. Please help me.