Ask a question Report

Sony Vaio Keyboard lock [Solved/Closed]

Clara - Latest answer on Mar 1, 2013 08:09AM
Hello,
Could you please help me with this issue?
I have sony vaio and I have had press something or some combination so 'p' backspace 'tab' '1' and other keyboards don't work. I tried all combination fn+scroll fn +nlk fn+f11
Do you have any idea how to unlock the keyboard?
How about format?
By the way, my vaio has German keyboard....
Thanks in advance for your help!! :-)
Clara
Read more 
Answer
+46
moins plus
Happy to help.

Any luck so far?

Answer
+7
moins plus
Hello once again,
My keyboard is unlock, but still I have issues with some of the digits, and I believe this is a matter of technical issue. Sometimes the keyboard is working properly and sometimes not.

Anyway, once again thank you for instructions - it was very helpful.

Md ay- Mar 1, 2013 08:09AM
Some times in vaio if you accedently pressed the num lk key - you will face such issues -
like you want to write SOME you may end up S60E ..
simply press the num lk key again - you will have your issues solved-

Thankyou!
Answer
+3
moins plus
Hi Clara

When you say other keyboards don't work, you mean externally connected keyboards, right?

Make sure it's not a specific program that's stopping them, try with a few programs. If this doesnt work, reboot the computer and try in safe mode. Also, get a compressed air canister and clean your keyboard.

If the problem persists, try doing a system restore to a date before the problem occurred. This WILL remove any installed programs but keep your documents and files.

Start > Programs > Accessories > System Restore.

Good luck.

Answer
+1
moins plus
Thank you very much!
I will follow your instructions.

Once again thank you very much!

Answer
+1
moins plus
Still issue's? What about now? Yes, it may be. Have you tried an external keyboard? If it works with an external keyboard, it's a hardware problem. If it still fails with an external keyboard, it is a software problem (which is much easier to resolve).

Also, you can try using the on-screen keyboard. Start > Programs > Accessories > Ease Of Access > On-screen Keyboard.

No problem, any time. Glad to help. I hope we can fix this problem.

Clara- Oct 3, 2011 01:29AM
Hello, It works with external keyboard, so my vaio needs IT service.
Once again thanks for your assistance!
Answer
+0
moins plus
OK, so that means it's not the computer's problem, it's your keyboard. So yes, get the service done.

Glad I could be of help. If there are any other problems, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with the issue.

This document entitled « Sony Vaio Keyboard lock » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.