Sony Vaio Keyboard lock [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Clara - Latest answer on Mar 1, 2013 08:09AM
Hello,
Could you please help me with this issue?
I have sony vaio and I have had press something or some combination so 'p' backspace 'tab' '1' and other keyboards don't work. I tried all combination fn+scroll fn +nlk fn+f11
Do you have any idea how to unlock the keyboard?
How about format?
By the way, my vaio has German keyboard....
Thanks in advance for your help!! :-)
Clara
See more 
Helpful
+72
moins plus
Happy to help.

Any luck so far?
Helpful
+9
moins plus
Hello once again,
My keyboard is unlock, but still I have issues with some of the digits, and I believe this is a matter of technical issue. Sometimes the keyboard is working properly and sometimes not.

Anyway, once again thank you for instructions - it was very helpful.
Md ay- Mar 1, 2013 08:09AM
Some times in vaio if you accedently pressed the num lk key - you will face such issues -
like you want to write SOME you may end up S60E ..
simply press the num lk key again - you will have your issues solved-

Thankyou!
Helpful
+4
moins plus
Hi Clara

When you say other keyboards don't work, you mean externally connected keyboards, right?

Make sure it's not a specific program that's stopping them, try with a few programs. If this doesnt work, reboot the computer and try in safe mode. Also, get a compressed air canister and clean your keyboard.

If the problem persists, try doing a system restore to a date before the problem occurred. This WILL remove any installed programs but keep your documents and files.

Start > Programs > Accessories > System Restore.

Good luck.
Helpful
+3
moins plus
Still issue's? What about now? Yes, it may be. Have you tried an external keyboard? If it works with an external keyboard, it's a hardware problem. If it still fails with an external keyboard, it is a software problem (which is much easier to resolve).

Also, you can try using the on-screen keyboard. Start > Programs > Accessories > Ease Of Access > On-screen Keyboard.

No problem, any time. Glad to help. I hope we can fix this problem.
Clara- Oct 3, 2011 01:29AM
Hello, It works with external keyboard, so my vaio needs IT service.
Once again thanks for your assistance!
Helpful
+2
moins plus
OK, so that means it's not the computer's problem, it's your keyboard. So yes, get the service done.

Glad I could be of help. If there are any other problems, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with the issue.
Helpful
+1
moins plus
Thank you very much!
I will follow your instructions.

Once again thank you very much!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!