Remote login on windows 7

Closed
mr.surajgharat Posts 1 Registration date Thursday September 15, 2011 Status Member Last seen September 15, 2011 - Sep 15, 2011 at 03:10 AM
mark_louis68 Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday October 4, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2011 - Oct 4, 2011 at 08:10 AM
Hello,
Me & my brother both are using each separate laptop with windows 7 on both of them.
Often we are connected to each other via wi-fi, for playing games, file sharing etc.
Sometimes we knows each other passwords , so in this situation how i can log in to his laptop using my laptop only, and also want to do things like shutdown , restart, logoff etc.
I tried it using command "shutdown" but it gives "Access denied" reply.

SO if know it plz guide me..........
Related:

1 response

mark_louis68 Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday October 4, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2011 3
Oct 4, 2011 at 08:10 AM
1. Go to Start (the Orb) > Control Panel > User Accounts

2. In the Control Panel, click on the System and Security link

3. Under System click on Allow remote access

4. Select Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication under Remote Desktop. Click Apply.

Note: If you would like to connect using a computer that does not support Network Level Authentication choose Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop

5. Click on the Select Users... button and click the Add button in the Remote Desktop Users window.

6. Click the Advanced... button in the Select Users window, click on the Find Now button to locate the users that you would like to grant access to via Remote Desktop, click on the user and click OK when done

7. Click OK 3 times to exit all of the dialog boxes.

Your Windows 7 Machine is now ready to be connected via Remote Connection.

Connecting to a Remote Desktop

This section will walk you through the process of connecting to a remote desktop on your network

1. Go to Start (the Orb) > All Programs > Accessories > Remote Desktop Connection

2. Type the address of the remote computer in the Computer: text box, click Connect

Note: I connected to a computer located on my network

3. Sign-on to the computer when prompted for credentials.