Block e-mail adress

Closed
Hen - Sep 29, 2011 at 07:47 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Sep 30, 2011 at 05:00 AM
Hello,
When I returned I attempted to logon to my hotmail email account, and was greeted with the following message:
"Your account has been blocked
Why are you seeing this?
Someone may have used your account to send out a lot of junk messages (or something else that violates the Windows Live Terms of Service).
We're here to help you get your account back.
What do you need to do?
We'll walk you through a few steps to verify that you own the account, then have you change your password in case someone else has been accessing your account. It should only take a few minutes and then you'll be unblocked and on your way.
We've cleaned your account settings
Often customers get here because someone else has access to your account and are using it without your knowledge to send spam. To protect you and your contacts, we've removed any Hotmail auto-replies or linked accounts you may have had."
When I click on the "Continue" button it transfers me to a email address that has not existed for more than ten years. When I attempt to access that email address I receive a message that the email address does not exist.
I must access my email account, immediately. I have had no access now for nearly three weeks.
I have spent more than fifty hours on a wide variety of sites attempting to access my account, without success. I am ready to pull out my hair. I did not ask that my account be blocked, but it is.
I have telephoned MSN attempting to speak to a human being, without success.
Every route I attempt eventually cycles me back to the site that has the email address than has not been working, or utilized, for more than ten years.

Please could you help?

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,173
Sep 30, 2011 at 05:00 AM
Dear Hen,

Two things you can do.

The First:
Please follow the procedure given in the following tip and recover your account:

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/email/1375-outlook-account-blocked-and-hacked/#topedit

There is only one way to communicate with Hotmail and that is the way Hotmail has provided to recover accounts and they have not provided means to have direct contact with customer services unless you have a paid account. They have not provided any other solution.

Unfortunately Hotmail is not secured and one should never save data on Hotmail servers without backing it up.

Please follow the procedure given in the following tip and recover your account:

https://ccm.net/apps-sites/email/1375-outlook-account-blocked-and-hacked/#topedit

There are hundreds if not thousands of accounts being blocked because they were hacked and used for spamming, so it may take up to two weeks before you get an answer.

The second:

Open a brand new MSN/Hotmail account. On the main page, top right corner you will see a link "Ask a question", click on it and it will take you to a forum. Explain the situation in detail. A Hotmail moderator should give you the solution within 24 to 48 hours.

Good luck and please let me know