Automaticaly transferring data .. tab to tab

Closed
kevvvvin Posts 1 Registration date Thursday October 6, 2011 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2011 - Oct 6, 2011 at 10:10 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Oct 11, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Hi there i was just wondering if you can help i have had a look around but cannot see quite what i am looking for so

I have just made up a very simple work book with 12 tabs in it one for each month of the year to use for my book keeping

all the pages are set up the same and calculate the figures at the base of each colum as i input the data through the month

but it would be great if i could get the monthly totals to transfer to the next month ie: january to febuary,, such as cash carried foward and balance carried forward

i have only a very basic knowlage of excel so a lot of help would be need
if any one is kind enough to help i wouldbe very greatull

here below is an example to down load so you can see the work book

[url=http://uploading.com/files/cbb5m9cb/EXAMPLE%2BBOOK%2BKEEPING.xls/]EXAMPLE BOOK KEEPING.xls - 53.5 KB[/url]

regards

kevin

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 11, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Hi kevvvvin,

Try this experiment and see if it's helpfull:

On sheet1 enter a value in A1.
Goto sheet2, select A1 and type "=".
Now go back to sheet1 and select A1 and hit enter.
The value from sheet1 is now linked to sheet2.

ps. What an annoying filesharing site did you use. Wait 45 sec., input security word, wait 45 sec.. Try www.speedyshare.com next time.

Best regards,
Trowa