Write Protected Pen Drive Due To Trojan Virus

Closed
Rajesh - Oct 13, 2011 at 06:48 AM
 Shizar - May 30, 2013 at 04:26 AM
Hello,

My USB pen drive says it is write protected when I try to copy files onto it or even when I am trying to format it.

A scan of this drive by my anti virus tells me there is a Trojan Horse Generic Virus detected but the same is not being rectified by the anti-virus programme.

Can you please help me with a solution to this issue? What should be done?

Appreciate a quick response

Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Oct 14, 2011 at 05:29 AM
Hello,

Permit me to intrude into your discussion.

If Sundar's solutions do not work, try this:

USB Fix will delete infections on all removable devices, repair damaged security functions, such as registry access, task manager, hidden files and vaccinate your device against future infections.

1. Download

http://www.teamxscript.org/usbfixTelechargement.html

Once on your desktop, double click the installation icon, a window will appear, uncheck all items that are checked because they are not necessary.

2. Using Win 7 you must deactivate the user account control

3. Plug in your pen and all other removal devices susceptible of infection.

4. Double click on the USB Fix icon (Looks like a seringe.)

5. Click on the deletion button and leave the tool work. The start menu and desktop icons will dissapear, don't be alarmed, it's perfectly normal

If a message asks you to reboot, please proceed. Upon rebooting the tool will continue to work.

When finished a log will open with a report on the work done.

Good luck

P.S. The log will be saved in C root
Deleted files are stored in C:\UsbFix\Quarantine .
Your drive will also be vaccinated against future infections by creating autorun.inf (vaccination)
Anonymous User
Oct 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM
Try this,go to start and type

cmd and press enter

Now copy and run this command

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\USBSTOR" /v Start /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

Now download this tool and format your USB

https://ccm.net/downloads/tools/4639-hp-usb-disk-storage-format-tool/

Let me know how it works
Hi Sundar,

I tried doing what you have specified but after copying and pasting the command that you have specified, when I try to run it, I get the message "Access is Denied"!

I also downloaded the tool for formating the USB, it still does not work. I get the message "USB is Write Protected"
Anonymous User
Oct 14, 2011 at 12:10 AM
type cmd

right click on it and select run as administrator

and then copy the command
When I type cmd and right click, I do not get any option to Run as an Administrator!

Also, keep geting a Write Protect Error when I insert the USB, which I was not getting earlier!

Please help.
Anonymous User
Oct 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM
type

command prompt-right click-run as administrator
Stil Cant see the "Run As Administrator" option! Neither after typing in the start screen, nor whilst I am in the Comand screen!
this may sound stupid , my device ( an old YP-T9 , samsung mp4 player ) had the same problem
I accidentally right clicked on the device then on the " turn on bit locker " after it did something and asked me an option , I simply canceled the operation , and after that , it was fixed !

it may be useful for some of you