Touchpad left click stopped working

Solved/Closed
Christine - Updated on Dec 17, 2017 at 03:31 PM
 BlueJack - May 11, 2018 at 01:52 PM
Hello,

Just a few minutes ago, my touchpad left click and tapping stopped working (with no mouse plugged in). I was just doing normal Excel work on my computer when it happened. The right click still works, and when I plug in a mouse, left click works with the mouse (but still not when I use my touchpad with the mouse plugged in). I tried restarting my computer, but that didn't help. Also, when I change my touchpad settings to be left-handed, the left button still doesn't work, but the touchpad tapping starts working again.

When I go to Device Manager, it says that the touchpad I have is the "Synaptics PS/2 Port." I'm running Windows 7. The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C650.

Any advice you have that can help me fix this would be greatly appreciated. I'm curious if you think this is a hardware or a software issue. I would guess software since both the left click and the tapping stopped working at the same time (but scrolling still works). Let me know if I need to provide any other information.

Thanks,
Christine
Related:

2 responses

I'm a bit late but I have a solution.
  • Go to the mouse settings.
  • On the "buttons"tab, go to the "double click speed" area.
  • Slide the cursor all the way to fast and try clicking on the folder with your left mouse button,
  • If it opens easily, your button should be working.
  • If not, try sliding cursor all the way to slow.

It solved my issue. Not a hardware problem.

If it doesn't work: https://ccm.net/forum/affich-19301-synaptics-touchpadv6-3-leftclick-not-working#18
I had the same problem and I trayed the solution from @cdalemax@ and it works for me :)

Thanks a lot...:)
Pls don't say hurrily, mine is working. Coz this problem sometimes not appear immediately, but afterwards starts