Ask a question Report

Blue screen on installing xp [Solved/Closed]

momsworld - Latest answer on Feb 6, 2014 07:40AM
Hello,
I am having trouble doing a clean install on my Medion lap top, I get to the part of installing devices then I get the blue screen. I have formatted the drive and reset to default settings in the Bios but still having the same problem. can anyone help me please.
Read more 
Answer
+9
moins plus
Try this

Go to BIOS(by pressing F2 or DEL on startup)

See for SATA controller option-change it from AHCI to IDE

Try installing again

Titino- May 7, 2012 06:14AM
thanks a lot ..it helped me
usmatrix13- Oct 27, 2012 10:46AM
thanks, it's work.
rumil 2Posts Thursday June 20, 2013Registration date June 20, 2013 Last seen - Jun 20, 2013 04:02AM
i have two p3 system and in bios setting i cant found Sata controller option pls help
in both system i got blue screen error
Alientcp- Sep 9, 2013 11:41AM
Tnx, worked for me.

@Rumill, this is a solution for reinstalling xp over vista, if you have p3 i think you shouldnt intall vista on them, but still, all boards of that time didnt had sata, so you dont need to change a thing.
playmisty- Dec 22, 2013 07:21AM
This worked..Thanks
Answer
+1
moins plus
Is that HP notebook?

If you can enter BIOS

See if you have options like this

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportDocument/c00758841/c00763287.jpg

disable SATA MODE and try installing

momsworld- Oct 30, 2011 11:38AM
No it is a Medion laptop, and all I have is the basic bios, Main, Security, Boot and Exit.
Does not give me the option to change anything other than the time, date, post beep, wireless and the boot up options.
rumil 2Posts Thursday June 20, 2013Registration date June 20, 2013 Last seen - Jun 20, 2013 04:06AM
i have two p3 system and in bios setting i cant found Sata controller option pls help
in both system i got blue screen error
Answer
+0
moins plus
blank blue screen or blue screen with an error?

momsworld- Oct 30, 2011 10:51AM
with error,
A problem has been detected, if this is the first time you have seen this and so on.
Tech info:
stop: 0x0000007f
Answer
+0
moins plus
I just saw you error code

stop: 0x0000007f

Try to remove your RAM ,clean it with a softcloth and reinsert it properly

Try installing it

Also are you trying to rollback from vista to xp?

You may need to add sata drivers additionally to install xp using nlite software

What is your medion laptop model number?

momsworld- Oct 30, 2011 12:24PM
The model. no is MIM2230, its a friends laptop they asked me to try and fix it after they had tried to up grade it to vista then back again to xp, everything just went haywire and couldnt access anything, i have used the xp cd to do a format and repartition and tried to install again. I have farmatted 3 times but still no luck.
Answer
+0
moins plus
I dont find any sata drivers for this model on manufacturer site.Let me see if i can get it somewhere

momsworld- Oct 30, 2011 02:07PM
Thanks your a great help, I have cleaned the ram just in case but still the same so I know its not that.
momsworld- Oct 30, 2011 06:13PM
Thank you, I will try this tomorow, I have'nt got nlite but i take it I can download it, its been a long day trying to sort this out so won't do it now, I will let you know how i get on.
Anonymous User - Oct 30, 2011 10:21PM
Sure,let me know
Answer
+0
moins plus
Try this

Download

http://www.nliteos.com/download.html

Install it

Insert your Windows XP installation disc into your CD/DVD drive and open nLite.
Then Click Next.
#Click Browse to locate your CD/DVD drive that has your Windows XP installation Disc.
Locate your CD/DVD drive and Click OK.
It should automatically detect the i386 folder.

Click next and ignore presets.Click next which takes you to task selection screen
Click on DRIVERS and BOOTABLE ISO option

Click next and insert this additional driver

you need to download this driver

http://download2.medion.com/downloads/treiber/ahcimim2260_2280vstw7.exe

After inserting this ,click next ,remove your xp cd and insert a blank cd,click next which would start the process of making a bootable cd.

Try to use this CD to install XP

momsworld- Nov 3, 2011 02:09PM
Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you but I have been trying todo what you have explained above with no success, It will not let me insert this driver into the nlite, so I am stuck again.
istike1 2Posts Saturday September 14, 2013Registration date September 14, 2013 Last seen - Sep 14, 2013 09:33AM
is not working to add those drivers.. is no *.inf file after unpacking this driver
Answer
+0
moins plus
To those who still have this problem, here's a solution that works:
https://sites.google.com/site/ntoskrnlexebsodfix/

This document entitled « Blue screen on installing xp » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.