VLC Player change language

Solved/Closed
Angel - Nov 20, 2011 at 05:32 AM
 Ali - Mar 9, 2020 at 08:27 PM
Hello,
I downloaded VLC for English version but every time it is in arabic, all the VLC options are arabic and I can't use it except to watch the movies.
Please advise me what shall I do????

kind regards

Related:

3 responses

When I opened my VLC, I was surprised to see a different language, since I am familiar with the interface, I didn't have a hard time changing the language back to my preferred language.

I had searched for the reason that this happened and came here in this forum to see if the reason was stated.

I got surprised by the manner of communication here. I think it is best to be thankful for any kind of help we receive instead of being rude.

Anyway, here are the steps in English for VLC Mac.
  • 1. Click VLC from the menu bar
  • 2. Select Preferences (command+comma buttons)
  • 3. Click the left most button with the cone image that has an orange and green colors. This is located at the upper part of the Preferences window.
  • 4. Click the drop down box / combo box. After clicking you will see the list of languages.
  • 5. Then select your desired language. Be careful not to select a language that you are not able to read unless you are very familiar with the VLC interface.
  • 5. Restart application.

This also just happened to me but the instructions you provided fixed it thanks!
Thank you, that fixed it. Just started up VLC as normal and it was in some completely random language. Usually you can get the gist of what is being said with languages like Spanish, French and German. But this was just gobbledygook for me...