HP G71-340 US Laptop does not boot up.

Closed
Jason - Dec 6, 2011 at 11:07 PM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 6, 2011 at 11:23 PM
The laptop fails to start. No leds lit up other than the power LED.
The battery was almost close to dead but it was working fine with AC power since last 9 months.I tried removing the battery and powering it on, it does not start even then.
Tried the 1 min power trick, flipping the laptop and then trying to power on with just the AC cord, didn't help either.
When I press the power button with just the AC power and release the power button, the power led goes off. Also with the battery in place, the power led fails to light up.
Got a new battery but no change. Any ideas?
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 6, 2011 at 11:23 PM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.