One Folder on External Drive Isn't Accessible [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question sanjay - Last answered on Jun 25, 2017 at 01:26 AM by Manish Aggarwal
Hello,
my external hardisk's one folder is not accesible, when I click that folder one message box appear & some message written there such as - "H\SOFTWARE(a folder) is not acessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable". this problem was happened when I was scan my hard disk by a antivirus & that time my computer was not responding, so that time I opened directly the USB connection of harddisk from CPU.Then this problem is occured and now that folder is show that i.e empty.
so can I recover my that folder orif u have any solution than plz reply
See more 
Helpful
+120
plus moins
Try this command: chkdsk f: /r
Was this answer helpful?  
meet- Jan 18, 2016 at 12:14 PM
thank you....its work
Rowie- Feb 23, 2016 at 02:33 AM
Yeeeey! Thank you so much! This worked! Love from Kenya!
Paul- May 31, 2016 at 12:53 PM
Thank you, thank you!
os1357- Mar 10, 2017 at 11:01 AM
Thank you so much! This just saved my day :D
Manish Aggarwal- Jun 25, 2017 at 01:26 AM
Thank you This is working
Helpful
+87
plus moins
Hello,
my external hardisk's one folder is not accesible and cannot be deleted, when I click that folder one message box appear & some message written there such as - "G\SOFTWARE(a folder) is not acessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable". this problem was happened when I was scan my hard disk by a antivirus & that time my computer was not responding, so that time I opened directly the USB connection of harddisk from CPU.Then this problem is occured and now that folder is show that i.e empty.
Other tah that, I have a problem too I plug my USB external hard disk and it's already detected and the drive show up in my computer but when I clicked it it says F:/ is not accessible and The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable
how can I recover all my data???..can it be repair???...if u have any solution than please help me...

Configuration: Windows XP
Helpful
+47
plus moins
or chkdsk g: /r
Janish- Sep 4, 2015 at 09:29 AM
Thanks, problem solved
Helpful
+26
plus moins
Hi ,

i had this problem since last week ,and I thought that I lost all my datas which was on my Ext HDD . So .. the solution is to easy just right click on your dead drive and go to the properties you must click on Scan and fix errors then restart your computer ( dont unplug your Ext HDD or Dead drive let it be connected ) it will fix everthing automaticly. it is not something to worry.

Mori
makaveli- Apr 8, 2010 at 07:03 PM
thanks Mori that fixed my problem ;) ...
Kash- Jun 19, 2015 at 06:08 AM
Where Do I find the scan and fix errors in Windows Vista. I am facing the same problem.

Please help. Thank you.
Debojit- Nov 18, 2015 at 01:17 PM
Thanx man!! Thnx a lot!!
Helpful
+6
plus moins
My 1TB (raid1 mode) MyBook started complaining the same after the computer crashed. I ran "chkdsk" without any parameters in command prompt and got it working. It corrected the indexes..
Helpful
+1
plus moins
Alternatively, you can also try free or paid recovery tools to get back your files from corrupted external hard drive. Use tools like Recuva or Stellar Phoenix that works pretty well across different situations of data loss.

Good luck!!

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?