Laptop keyboard does not type normally

Closed
hapo - Jan 13, 2012 at 02:26 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 13, 2012 at 05:46 AM
Hello,

Please, can someone help to understand the problem?

recently I am having a typing problem with my HP laptop keyboard: it does not type the characters h;g; quotation mark & backspace may be more but I only these failures were noticed so far. For the first time the problem appeared I decided that could be a virus affecting so I reinstalled XP on the laptop and the problem disappeared for a wile, now it is again there. Would be very pleased if someone would prompt me an answer.
Thank you

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 13, 2012 at 05:46 AM
Hello Hapo,

There are two possibilities

1. A circuit problem

2. A virus

Let us look at the virus possibility first.

Download, install and run Malwarebyte which you can find on this site:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/ es-anti-malware

Ensure you make an update.

Boot your computer in safemode

Please request a FULL system scan, which may take from 20 minutes to hours. Do not interfere no matter how long in takes. The creators of Malwarebyte recommend that while the tool is running that you go do something else, such as watching a rerun of Gone with the Wind or read Tolstoy's War and Peace.

If Malwarebyte restarts your system, launch it again to finish the Full scan.

When the scan is completed, delete all items found.

Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
*Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
*Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

This way it gets rid of anything bad that might have gotten saved in a restore point and you have a clean restore point to use in the near future if needed.
Do not turn it off until your computer is clean and working normally because you might need to use it if something goes wrong during the clean-up process.
It is better to go back to an infected restore point if something goes wrong then to not be able to undo changes that were damaging.

Let me know