Relocate Desktop after merging partitions

Closed
JaDag Posts 2 Registration date Sunday January 15, 2012 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2012 - Jan 15, 2012 at 04:38 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 15, 2012 at 05:06 AM
Hello,

I just merged two partitions in Vista, using EASEUS Partition Master 9.1.0 Home Edition, but it seems that my Desktop folder was on the latter of the two, along with most of my installed programs. After the merge, all files that were on the D: partition were stored in a folder called C:/Logical Disk D_1142012238. When I launch Explorer, I now get the error "D:\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet on your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location."

Can someone tell me which settings I need to change, so that I can use my desktop and installed programs again?

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 15, 2012 at 05:06 AM
Greetings,

Please, bare in mind that before any answer given on the forum, you should know that there are volunteers who give their time trying to solve user problems. They do have a life other than this forum including me.

Therefore, it is specifically requested from Kioskea forum users to show their respect. For this, the use of polite expressions is a minimum.
https://ccm.net/apps-sites/internet-archeology/ccm/10131-terms-of-use-for-ccm-respect-for-others/#politesse

To say please, thank you, appreciate, grateful, etc... is common courtesy when you want something, especially help!

You must copy, modify and repost your message respecting the politeness charter.

We trust that you understand.