Excel 2003 Color Drop Down Menu limit of 3?

Closed
Lone_Star_38 - Jan 19, 2012 at 09:05 AM
 Lone_Star_38 - Jan 23, 2012 at 06:46 AM
Hello,
I am working of Excel 2003. I already created a drop down menu which has 6 items in it. When I get to the part about "Conditional Formatting", I only get up to three options to color code the items in the list. I want to be able to color code all 6 items. I know it can be done, because I am working from a document that already has 4 items in the drop down list, that do color when selected individually. But no one knows the password, as it was changed w/out permission. So, I am creating a new document with an updated list but with two additional items added in the drop down list. How do I get all 6 items to change color when either one of them is selected? Your answer to my query would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance for your time. Joe
Related:

1 response

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Jan 19, 2012 at 09:41 PM
google search would have given some ideas try this
http://chandoo.org/wp/2008/10/14/more-than-3-conditional-formats-in-excel/
Thank you soo much for the suggestion. I searched numerous sites on Google but did not come across this one. I will try it sometime today, now that I am back at work. Thanks Again!!