Pc shuts down watching videos and U-tube

Solved/Closed
Fred - Jan 31, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 31, 2012 at 04:09 PM
Hello, I visited this sight looking for answer to shut down.

found my problem was adjusting acceleration!

Lowering Video Hardware Acceleration (Windows® XP)

Lowering video hardware acceleration can resolve some display issues that occur while running programs. Complete the steps that follow to lower the video hardware acceleration on a system running Windows® XP.

Close programs and all windows and return to the desktop.
Right-click a blank area on the desktop and left-click Properties from the menu that appears. The Display Properties will open.
Click the Settings tab.
Click the Advanced button.
Click the Troubleshoot tab. A window will open with the display adapter type identified on the title bar.
Locate the hardware acceleration adjustment bar. (It will show the words None and Full at each end.)
Record the current setting.
Position the mouse pointer on the hardware acceleration slide bar and click the mouse button, keeping the button pressed.
By moving the mouse, move the hardware acceleration slide bar to the left one position and release the mouse button.

NOTE: Do not select the NONE setting, which is the setting to the far left.

For the new setting to take effect, click Apply and then click OK.
Click OK again to close the Display Properties window.
Launch and use the program.

NOTE: If the issue remains, repeat the above procedure and move the hardware acceleration slide bar to the left one additional position. (Do not select the NONE setting, which is the setting to the far left.)

After closing the program, return to the Hardware Acceleration adjustment area of the Troubleshoot Tab (see above) and reset the hardware acceleration to the original setting.

If lowering the hardware acceleration improved program performance, repeat the above procedure before launching and using the program.
found @ this site.
support.riverdeep.net/techtips_detail.asp?id=116

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 31, 2012 at 04:09 PM
Hello Fred,

Thank you for sharing. I imagine you will help many others.

God bless.