Cd drive error

Closed
prak - Feb 6, 2012 at 04:16 AM
 data recovery burlington - Feb 12, 2012 at 09:27 PM
pls any one answer to my question...

my DVD drive is detected during booting session....
but, after i enter into OS... my device is not detected in "my computer"...

as i have said, my DVD drive is detected during booting session, drive can boot for formatting....

i have my device driver software up to date ...

my question is why my device is not working in my OS????
sorry for my wrong English..
Related:

2 responses

bluenose Posts 172 Registration date Tuesday November 22, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2013 31
Feb 6, 2012 at 06:25 AM
the fact that the device shows up on boot (in Bios?) is a good indication that the device is functional.

How did you know that the driver is running and up to date if you do not have the drive listed in your Device manager? I suppose you have installed an incorrect driver for your device. Also, please note that there is a difference between software for the drive and drivers for the drive.

If you have the model number and producer of your DVD drive, look it up on google in order to find and install the appropriate drivers.
i just might have a corrupted registry but it's easy to fix though just click on start - run - type regedit then press enter. In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then SYSTEM then CurrentControlSet then Control then Class then 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318

In the right pane, click UpperFilters and or LowerFilters then delete both of them (sometimes only one of either of this shows up, but that's ok)

After deleting filters restart the computer and that should fix the problem.