Pull data from one tab/sheet to another

Closed
Novice and Needy - Feb 15, 2012 at 09:37 PM
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 - Feb 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Hello,

Reading all of these posts I get a lot of ideas, but since I am a novice at this stuff, I need the Playskool directions.

Here is what I have -
I have a report that has populated columns from A to S and a little over 3200 rows of data. Of course each column has a different data point i.e. Status, Status Reason, Site, From Site. Within each of these columns are different information (for instance, in Site and From Site columns, there are over 25 variences).

Here is what I need -
I want to be able to pull the information from different columns into a seperate tab/sheet in the workbook. For instance, I want to pull the information from the Status column of 'Deployed', Status Reason of 'Inventory' and Site column of California into a tab. Then take the same information for Japan into another tab, etc...
I also want to know how to pull BLANKS from this report into another tab.
So essentially, my report will begin with one sheet (consilidated data sheet), and could end up with about 20 sheets (each sheet contains one site)...
The rows don't actually start until row 5 (column headings) and the data begins on row 6.

Like I said, I am a novice at this stuff and need the Playskool directions, so please tell me exactly what I need to do with the macro once I have it!

I appreciate any and all help anyone can give me!

1 response

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Feb 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM
I am giving a way to solution and not solution itself

"pull the information from the Status column of 'Deployed', "
you can use AUTOFILTER (you can use more than one condition in each column or conditions in different columns)
the filtered data can be highlighted and pasted on a different location
remember to remove the filter after the work is done.
the data must have column headings just one row above the data

"how to pull BLANKS"
highlight data including blanks
control+G
special cells at the bottom left
choose blanks.

blank cells are highlighted.

you can even RECORD macro following the steps and edit he macro
still some problem post back