Trojan.Brisv.A!inf Removal

Closed
kohyani Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 4, 2009 - Feb 4, 2009 at 08:30 AM
 PCowBoy - May 30, 2009 at 09:56 PM
Hello,

I am trying to remove Trojan.Brisv.A!inf from my pc (windows vista home premium).

After running the Trojan.Brisv.A!inf Removal Tool, the sign says that there is no Trojan.Brisv.A!inf in my pc.
But, still there is a file having this virus according to the Norton anti-Virus.

How can I remove Trojan.Brisv.A!inf?
Should I change the infected file into specific place (c-drive?) in my pc?

Can anyone help me?
Thanks XXX
Related:

12 responses

ok, i got a solution....... hold on to your hats guys

1. with your norton scan it should tell you the name of the file and the location, make a note of this..
2. restart your computer, and startup using safe mode (pressing F8 on startup, this should give you a list of startup options, select 'safe-mode'
3 Locate the suspect files and delete them (it should allow you to do this in safe mode)
4 empty your trashcan.
5 restart your computer (just as ordinary)
6 run notron antivirus
7 whilst running scan put the kettle on
8 if norton comes back clean, enjoy cup of tea
9 if trojan still there, pour boiling water over keyboard(only kidding)

10 EUREKA!!!

hopefully job done :)
I just finished removing the virus after working on it for hours!
The solution for me as listed above from Pike with some minor notes.
1. Norton Scan identified the virus gave me direction to download the virus remover.
2. Loaded the virus remover from Norton, however on my last attemp I put the virus-remover file on my desktop.
3. Opened my computer in Safe-mode . . . then ran the virus remover from my desktop. (This way I didn't have to open my Windows explorer, which I think allowed the virus to start running)
4. As I mentioned this worked for me.

5. Re tried norton virus scan and it was gone... also the log file stated the infected file name fixed and that virus had been removed.

Good Luck!
i bet you didnt put the kettle on!
can i please thank you all very much i cant express how greatfull i am for these posts ive been fighting this virus/trojan for days read your post and did exacty what u said it was gone you guys are the best keep up the good work helping the community
greeny /virus fighting friend
I tried to remove this bl00dy thing using Nortons removal tool and method ... three times.
Neither time was successful. On each occasion the removal tool said the virus had gone but it was found by a subsequent system scan.

Thanks for YOUR method it did the trick ... first time

best wishes
thank u so much, ive been tryin to fix this for the past couple days n what u said worked, thanks!!
I AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. MY COMPUTER ALSO SAYS THAT THERE IS NO SIGN OF A TROJAN BUT NORTON SAYS THERE IS. I EVEN TRIED SYSTEM RESTORE AND IT WOULD NOT LET ME SO I'M AT A LOSS.
I am having the same exact problem. I have tried to do the Symantec fix x4 over last 2 days. Even tried to go to the Symantec technical people for support and was # 329 in line. Totally frustrated. Anybody any ideas??
JackieChanClan Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday February 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2009
Feb 4, 2009 at 02:58 PM
I guess I don't need to say anything cos it seems everyone here is having the same problem.
I tried the remove tool suggested and that didn't work - msg came up saying it couldn't find anything on my computer.
I also tried a trojan remover from this website - it seems to do something cos my Norton status has changed from having problems to being fine (i.e. from red to green) BUT I restarted my computer and ran any possible scans I could think of and low and behold Norton picked up on the same problem again.
Has anyone else had the trojan affect other file(s)? Mine was originally on a music download I downloaded a few days ago. Then after trying the suggested remove tool scan (and it not finding anything) a msg came up saying another music file I downloaded months ago had also been affected.

IF SOMEBODY CAN HELP, PLEASE PLEASE DO SO!!! MUCH APPRECIATED
I downloaded the removal tool from symantec... I ran it but like you, It said the virus wasn't there and when I ran another complete system scan the virus is detected. What I did was booted up in safe mode and when I ran the removal tool the virus was detected and removed. I then ran another complete system scan after rebooting in regular mode and the virus seems to be gone. I have not rebooted yet and done another scan but will when I'm off the pc for the night. But It looks like it's gone.
me too, but this is on a file ive had a few months, tried the removal tool but it doesnt find anything, but norton still says its there, strange that this has all hapened all in the last 2 days for all of us??

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
hopefully, due to the volume of 'traffic' whilst waiting on the 'system' the will provide a live update to help :)
JackieChanClan Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday February 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2009
Feb 5, 2009 at 03:16 PM
Finally crisis over!!! phewww......thanks Dan and Pike, your help was much appreciated. Hope none of us have any more problems any time soon......touch wood!!!
Hi.. It is kinda weird, we are all infested rather, attacked by this Trojan on the same date. Mine, i think i have got it from a store where i used my USB flash disk to recopy pictures. Their computer does only have AVG free. I tried scanning my USB flash disk on my computer. There, i think i was infected. I got the same situation as much as everybody here. Well, i will just cross my finger if the safe mode game will work in my laptop. I hope you bet try the suggestions on this page too.
- Download the FixBrisvA.exe file
- Save the file to a convenient location, such as your Windows desktop.
- Close all the running programs.
If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, disconnect the computer from the network and the Internet.
If you are running Windows Me or XP, turn off System Restore.
- Locate the file that you just downloaded.
- Double-click the FixBrisvA.exe file to start the removal tool.
- Click Start to begin the process, and then allow the tool to run.
NOTE: If you have any problems when you run the tool, or it does nor appear to remove the threat, restart the computer in Safe mode and run the tool again.
- Restart the computer.
- Run the removal tool again to ensure that the system is clean.
If you are running Windows Me/XP, then reenable System Restore.
If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, reconnect the computer to the network or to the Internet connection.
Now Download the FixBrisvA.exe file http://www.darfuns.com/trojan-brisv-a-inf-removal/
Ahhh Thanks u so much!^^ u are an angel! It worked really!!!!!!^^
THANKS<3333333333333
Have you had any luck?
Well Ok I am Having the Same Problem With this.. i download the virus removal tool but iut doesn't put it on my desktop or anywhere on my computer for me to go back and use it... but when i run it after downloading it ,it does what its suppose to do and comes back telling me there wasn't any virus found on my computer, then when i run norton again it detects it yet again... so now what can i do can someone please help me??

Thanks
Manual removal is better than the removal tools