Toshiba laptop blank screen

Closed
ebrimasc - Mar 9, 2012 at 08:24 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 9, 2012 at 05:23 PM
Hello there,
I need help please. I updated my laptop bios and since then nothing is coming up on the screen. i can hear the fan and hard drive spinning but nothing coming up on the screen. my cd drive is working fine as well. i have tried diffrent options but stil no avail.

i will really appreciate any help please as my laptop is my world. i have assignments to do. please help me. I am using windows 7 ultimate. please please help me out.

with regards
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 9, 2012 at 02:06 PM
Well that's the problem - a failed BIOS update essentially bricks your laptop. The ONLY way around the problem is to BUY a new preprogrammed BIOS chip and replace your existing chip. Lots of college library's have laptops that they can loan out.

Sorry for the bad news.
thank u. so how do i get a new chip plz? i am so worry. i am also thinking of flashing my bios but not too sure about that.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 9, 2012 at 05:23 PM
The BIOS chip is probably soldered onto the laptop motherboard. So you might need to replace the motherboard.

I suggest you pay a qualified repair shop to diagnose the problem for you. You might find it's cheaper to replace the laptop than to fix it.

Good Luck