HP dv6... Laptop screen is black when I turn

Solved/Closed
GabesBee - Mar 27, 2012 at 08:20 PM
 sl8man - Apr 10, 2012 at 05:16 PM
Hello,

I went to plug my laptop into a wall outlet and the screen slowly got dark. It's on but the screen is still black. Help!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 27, 2012 at 09:23 PM
Some models of HP have problems with heat burning out the video chip. You can test for this by connecting an external monitor to the laptop. It you still get no image then it might be the video chip. Solution - buy a new laptop.

The other problem areas for all laptops are the "backlight" and the "inverter" that supplies power to the backlight. This can be repaired by a qualified repair shop.

Good Luck
robert1992 Posts 6 Registration date Wednesday March 28, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 28, 2012
Mar 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM
or replace the video chip if your pro enough but if you do this get an expert to stand by just in case you know
I just unplugged from the power source, took the battery off, pushed the power button for 60 secs, powered it back up and rebooted it. It worked
My screen goes black when I unplug from the power supply. When its plugged in its fine. Soon as you pull the plug, screen goes black. Have to plug it back in, shut it down with the power button, and then power it back up. Any help? Pavilion dv6 notebook.