Laptop Won't Start (Booting), But Fan Spins

Closed
gimm Posts 1 Registration date Saturday March 31, 2012 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2012 - Mar 31, 2012 at 03:04 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 1, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Hello,

I have been into a problem with my laptop. I just does not boot but the fan spins and the only light that shows up is the wi-fi.

Possible solutions I tried but did not work are:
upside down technique.
the battery removal and chords, plus , 30 second-press on start method.

I want to try it on CMOS reset through jumper but I just can't open the laptop, I might just make it worse.

One more thing, it seems like the ac adapter is broken because sometimes it won't get the laptop fan spins which the battery can do. But oftentimes it does by finding the right connection (I spin it on the laptop AC connector till I get it working).

I'm tired and sick of this problem. Can somebody help me? Thanks

Specifications:
Dell Inspiron
Windows 7
Inte core i3
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Apr 1, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Please don't open-up the computer. You are right in thinking you will just cause more problems. Your laptop needs the help of a professional repairman. The sad thing about laptops is that they sometimes cost more to repair than to buy a new one. A diagnostic can sometime cost as little as $50 to $75. Then you might be able to make a decision about repair.

Good Luck