How to connect win7 pc with winxp network

Solved/Closed
Lanster - Apr 5, 2012 at 11:07 AM
 venkat - Sep 18, 2012 at 01:29 PM
Dear All, Thanks before for your tech support.

In our office we have 10 winxp pcs, workgroup as workgroup, tcp/ip is set to obtain ip address automatically, with 16port dlink ethernet switch.

Now, we took one new dell pc with win7 home basic. We want d:\ drive in win7 pc should be accessible from all 10 winxp pcs.

New win7hb pc is shown in workgroup of winxp pcs, but when opening d:/drive, access denied error is coming.

Please guide us how to do the drive sharing.
Related:

4 responses

Blocked Profile
Apr 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Right click on the D: drive and go to sharing

click on advanced sharing and enable the share this folder box.

then click permissions and tick full control ALLOW for everyone.

apply all settings and try.
It does not work and could not open folder from xp pro computer.
chadguy Posts 26 Registration date Tuesday September 18, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2016
Sep 18, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Right click on the D: drive and go to sharing
click on advanced sharing and enable the share this folder box.
then click permissions and tick full control allow for everyone.
apply all settings.

change the workgroup name with another one, it is up to you.
on your Win 7, click on OPEN NETWORK SHARING CENTER, in the left corner click on HOMEGROUP: click on WHAT IS A NETWORK LOCATION: choose HOME NETWORK then close the dialogue box. after a few moments another dialogue box will show up, check all option available (picture, printer, documents.... all) and then click on SAVE.

go to one of your desktop running win XP, click on the drive D of the desktop running Win 7, i think that a dialogue box will appear asking you to enter credentiel before geting acces to the pc . those credentiel are the username and the password that are in use on your win 7. enter them and click on remember my credential.
done!
good luck
chadguy Posts 26 Registration date Tuesday September 18, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2016
Sep 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM
in the same way, can somebody helps me to share ressources between a pc running windows OS and a pc running Ubuntu OS? thanks a lot
Dear Chadguy,
Thanks a lot. As per your valued guidance, the issue is resolved.