Blue Screen Error while Installing XP2

Closed
siam - Apr 5, 2012 at 01:12 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Apr 6, 2012 at 02:40 PM
Hello,
I have Siemens Dual Core laptop with 2GB RAM and 120GB HDD.Once my sysytem was hangup and also while palying media players blue screen errors is occured then i restarted my laptop.this blue screen error starts repeating for every 3hrs.then i changed the system virtual memory and extended it. but no use of changing the error repeats.Atlast my operating system is crashed.
With the help of the os cd XP sp2 when i was installing the os.after the F8 AGREEMENT it showing on the display that there is no drive to install and when i press ESC key no options partions of the harddisk is viewing.so, i am forcely to quit the installation process.
the error it is displaying is BOOTMGR is missing.I have installed the laptop harddisk in another pc it quite comfortably installed xp2.when i replaced the harddisk into the laptop.the windows xp booting logo is displaying and suddenly Blue screen error is on the display.Then i contact to hardware customer support then they suggest me to install the windows7 operating system.when i installed win7 o/s system it is working fine.but i am not in required of win7 os because my applicatons are not supportable to win7 o/s.it should be xp sp2
Hence i request you to bring out from this issue and make me possible to do my business work very easily and flexibly as soon as possible.From past 2 weeks i had been facing this problem please do it as per the priority bases.

Related:

3 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 5, 2012 at 03:42 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

You are not suppose to install the Windows XP by connecting to another PC.

Even after successful installation, when you are going to connect your hard drive

to your laptop you will be getting a blue screen or OS getting restarted after the

windows XP Logo. This is because of the differences in the motherboard. At that

situation you can try the repair option.

You are getting a blue screen saying "No drive to install" because SATA drivers

are missing in your present Windows XP CD which is getting failed to detect

your hard drive. In such cases, go to BIOS and change the SATA mode to IDE.

Most of the laptops have such options to change their SATA mode.

Good Luck
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 5, 2012 at 03:36 PM
Windows XP does not have the drivers for the enhanced SATA controller on your laptop. Some laptops have a BIOS option where you set the controller to "IDE" mode from "ACHI" mode. If you can't find this option then you need to find a Intel SATA driver that you can install when Windows XP asks you to press F8 to install RAID drivers.

This driver might work:
http://techrena.blogspot.com/2009/01/download-intel-sata-ahci-drivers-for.html

It does not work to install XP on one computer and then move the drive to another computer. Windows XP is customized to the EXACT hardware found in the first computer if the two computer don't have the same hardware then this hard disk transfer will not work.

Good Luck
Hello,
My laptop settings of HDD is alredy in IDE mode and it is not working.kindly provide me any substitute solution as soon as possible.Thanks for the your past suggestion.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 6, 2012 at 02:40 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
Go to BIOS and check if your hard drive is been detected or not.
Good Luck