Turned on laptop but screen remained black

Closed
Bula-Fiji - Apr 7, 2012 at 06:38 PM
 bula fiji - Apr 8, 2012 at 06:39 AM
Hello,
I turned on my laptop(HP CQ60-300EE) the other day,all associated lights came on except screen. have formatted by drive through another laptop hoping to reinstall Win7 but I can go beyond this blank screen....have tried pressing power button without AC & battery still no luck.
Would greatly appreciate any valuable solutions please!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 7, 2012 at 08:25 PM
You can't install (ie format) Windows on another computer. When Windows is installed it customizes itself to the hardware it finds on the motherboard. Unless you have the same "chipset" on the two computers transferring the hard drive will not work. I suggest you buy an upgrade copy of Win & and install a legitimate copy of Windows.

Good Luck
thank you for your valuable input, prior to formating my drive,the blank screen problem existed. This was 2 days after the laptop worked and screen turned on perfectly. I later formated the drive as a slave drive on another laptop . Was intending to install W7 after installing drive in origional laptopto but screen still remained blank....thanks for your time sir...