Can't Format Or Open My Pendrive [Solved/Closed]

king6639 - Apr 9, 2012 at 03:20 AM - Latest reply:  Yadav deepak
- Sep 3, 2017 at 05:27 AM
Hello,
I got a problem about my pendrive.. I tried to format it and open it it ask me to insert a disk.. I Tried many solution from most of the forum but still dinn't work out.. any professional can giv me a better solution? My pendrive contain many important file and back up..

i will accept any help from all of you! please just make my pendrive work!

Please Help!

See more 

36 replies

ishan21 3 Posts Sunday June 22, 2014Registration date July 3, 2014 Last seen - Jun 22, 2014 at 12:30 PM
+23
Helpful
for me its still not working.though I change the name of the drive,i m not able to change the volume name the error comes as volume label is invalid.also i've tried the above formatting tool,but it didnt work.please guide
Was this answer helpful?  
Ambucias 48769 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus January 16, 2018 Last seen - Jun 23, 2014 at 05:52 AM
You pen drive is physically damaged. It cannot be repaired. Sorry
ishan21 3 Posts Sunday June 22, 2014Registration date July 3, 2014 Last seen - Jul 1, 2014 at 05:10 AM
it is not physically damaged.i think it has got some virus because the problem commenced when I was trying to copy some movies from my friend's comp.
Ambucias 48769 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus January 16, 2018 Last seen - Jul 1, 2014 at 05:44 AM
If you really believe it's a virus, I strongly suggest that you create a new thread and post it in the virus/security section of the forum and please, this time give the full details so that we don't waste your time.

Regards
jack4rall 6524 Posts Sunday June 6, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus December 30, 2015 Last seen - Apr 9, 2012 at 03:32 PM
+19
Helpful
Hello,

Try this 1

Right-click on your pen-drive --> Select the option "Explore" --> if is gets

opened, backup your data and format it.

If the problem still exists then

Click on Start --> In the search box, type diskmgmt.msc and click on OK.

Disk Management will be opened.

Then right-click on your pendrive ---> Select "Change Drive Letter and

Path.." --> Click on "Change" and assign different drive letter.

Change the volume name by right-clicking on your pendrive and select properties.

Enter your volume name.

Good Luck.
Thank u so much it is very usefull for mee ,,,,
Thanks... it help me a lot
Thank....first atempt not well in second attemp it worked .....thanx.......
+8
Helpful
he this right click not show change drive letters and paths
+2
Helpful
Realy working thanku guys
+1
Helpful
worked for me.in disk managment I see my pendrive in black colour and right click in it,then I get a option simple allocation ,after these my pendrive worked
+1
Helpful
Did you try opening it in a different computer.

If in the same computer, try using other USB ports.

Sometimes it happens, pendrives don't open in some USB ports and they do in others.

Antonios
ddshan 1 Posts Sunday October 26, 2014Registration date October 27, 2014 Last seen - Oct 27, 2014 at 01:57 PM
Helpful
its worked..... thankas