Hot to lan between win ultimate & win starter

Closed
win - Apr 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Kathi201 Posts 27 Registration date Thursday March 29, 2012 Status Member Last seen April 11, 2012 - Apr 11, 2012 at 07:05 AM
Hello,

i cant share my pc which is the windows ultimate and my laptop which is windows 7 starter
tell me an instruction con i want to play multiply on both computer....need your help thnx..

Related:

1 response

Kathi201 Posts 27 Registration date Thursday March 29, 2012 Status Member Last seen April 11, 2012 6
Apr 11, 2012 at 07:05 AM
Home group only works with Windows 7 computers and will not talk to your XP computer
Did you set up Home group for networking in Windows 7?
If, then you will need to transform the networking system to one that XP can use.
On your Windows 7 computer, click the Start button at the bottom left of the screen, then go to the Control Panel and choose Network and Sharing Center. Click the link under "view your active networks" (if you've set up a Home group, the link should say "home network").
In the next window choose "Work network" that will switch you from a home group to a workgroup so your two computers can talk to each other. Before you can network the computers, you must assign the same workgroup name to both of them and SHARE folders in Explorer.

The XP computer's internet problem is not related the above. If your broadband modem is connected to the router and the router is connected to each computer you should not have any problems. If you are using a wireless connection you may have changed the ID or keyword when you installed the Win 7 computer.