MY CD/ROM drive won't open anymore HP60

Closed
ComputerNoob - Apr 14, 2012 at 05:10 PM
choganj Posts 1 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 23, 2012 - Sep 23, 2012 at 06:21 AM
Hello,

Before my cd drive wouldn't read so I searched for a solution on here. I followed one solution that told me to hold the open button after turning my computer on and to let go when it finished. I did this. The reading problem was fixed but then it got worse because my computer drive wouldn't open at all. I have a HP G60 and this is the first time this has happened. My computer has went through system repair and restarts but it still hasnt fixed. Help please.
PS. I've checked for lower filters solution and computer management solutions but i couldnt find the filters and my drives were already enabled. Thanks so much for your help and time in advance.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Apr 15, 2012 at 08:02 PM
can you see the drive if you go to my computer?

the CD drive has a little hole where you can insert a paper clip to release the tray manually.

try this and see how you get on
choganj Posts 1 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 23, 2012
Sep 23, 2012 at 06:21 AM
It seems your CD ROM is stuck because of some hardware problem. Nothing to worry as it is a very small issue.

Observe your CD ROM and you will notice a tiny hole on front. You just have to press in that hole with the help of needle for some seconds and your CD ROM Door will be opened.

I hope it would be of some help.