Toshiba hdd is not detecting

Closed
arya sinha - Apr 30, 2012 at 04:53 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 30, 2012 at 03:01 PM
Hello,
my toshiba hdd is not detecting in any laptop or any desktop.......therefore i can't recover this hdd.........or formate it.i don't want to lost it becouse i have some immpotant and private file .......plz plz plz plz friends tell me that what i can do..........................................................plz reply my soon.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 30, 2012 at 03:01 PM
About the only thing to do is to replace the hard drive with a new one. Toshiba will sell you a recovery CD that you can use to reinstall the factory software/Windows. Just go to www.toshiba.com and look for the "support" tab.

You can buy a USB hard drive enclosure that converts the existing hard drive to an external hard drive. (there are two types IDE and SATA be sure to get the correct type) Then you can try some of the free trial hard disk recovery programs to see if you can recover SOME of your data. If you find one that works - then you will probably need to buy the full program to recover more than a handful of files.

Good Luck