Laptop will not boot - black screen

Closed
Toothbrush - May 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - May 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Hello,

I woke up this morning and tried to turn my laptop on as usual, but it did not show anything on the screen. My Toshiba Satelitte L655D will turn on, but will not boot or show any signs of light on the screen. It appears to be black. The fans turn on but the only light that comes on is the little LED light in the front of the computer that indicates that it is on. It sounds like its starting up, I guess, but no matter what I do the screen does not light up. The fans also make a louder noise than usual...

I've already tried the whole remove the battery and hold the power button thing but that did not work.

What could the problem be?
Some things I've noticed right before this happened:
-Laptop would all of a sudden go into hibernation (because of low battery I assume because it required that I plug it in before I was able to start it up) without warning. The battery appeared to be at half charge
-Fan became loud and something was making a vibrating type noise, it was loud

Thanks.
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Unplug the power cord --> Remove the battery --> Hold the power button for

60 seconds --> Connect the power supply then try to switch ON the laptop and

later put the battery back into the laptop.

2) If the problem still exists then click on the below link and follow the instructions

https://ccm.net/faq/9066-laptop-screen-won-t-turn-on

Good Luck