Enter Built in HDD1 User Password [

Closed
BiOshy - May 18, 2012 at 12:44 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 7, 2016 at 03:35 AM
Hello, Wizards

I need some Wiz..mm. We have a Toshiba Satellite Model: Running Vista without problem since three Years. But out of nowhere It appears now that we cannot get our laptop started.

Every time we start our Computer basic message appears in blue "Please Enter... HDD1.." as noted above ...

The problem is we never did get into the set up bios, unless some of your kids played a joke and changed something in the Bios since we found out it uses the Phoenix TrustedCore utility.. How can we salvage this laptop and rid boot password???

Please help... this is for a senior citizen ... Thank you... JJ

<config>Windows Vista / on Toshiba Laptops "Please Enter Built in HDD1 User Password [ ]
Related:

2 responses

infinityelectronix
May 21, 2012 at 04:35 PM
Try these steps in order:

1) Remove laptop battery and power adapter.

2) Press power button for about 10 seconds.

3) Remove CMOS battery and press power button for about 10 seconds.

4) Plug in power adapter and start laptop.

5) Turn off laptop, replace CMOS battery (test it with voltmeter to make sure it is still has 3V), and turn on laptop.

6) See if the password is cleared.

7) If not, try to boot up to BIOS without the HDD in the laptop. Most HDD lock password security is on the actual HDD, not the BIOS (setup).

8) If password is on the HDD, then just replace HDD.
Hi, thanks for the answer relating to removal of CMOS Only problem is where do I find the CMOS battery on Laptop Satellite A205. While I did try to reboot w/o HDD and it still asked for a PWD. So, I guess I need to get to the CMOS battery out. How and where? is there a schematic or instructions. I just don't want unscrew & remove the cover w/o some idea how. THanks, Again, JJ