Internet explorer prob. w/ highlighting links

Closed
JENN - May 31, 2012 at 12:21 PM
 Katt - Jun 1, 2012 at 08:34 AM
Hello,
i need some advice on how to fix a problem.
when i get onto a website ( i am using internet explorer w/ windows xp), on some pagesd that i go on, there is another button that i need to click on to get to get to another page, but it wont highlight, and there is no arrow curser, it just shows like it is over writing text.... so i cannot click on it. i am not computer savvy so it is hard for me to explain. sorry.
it has never happened before, any advice on what to do to try to get the links to highlight on a page so they can be clicked on ??
i do not have the correct terminology for computers, so if you know what i could be talking about, any advice on what to try would be greatly appreciated.
thanks !!

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 31, 2012 at 01:41 PM
You indicate you are using Safari - do you have the same problem when using Internet Explorer or Firefox?

My guess is a combination of poor programming on the web page and/or Safari.
i am using internet explorer w/ windows xp
i am using internet explorer w/ windows xp.
thanks for responding.....
i only use internet explorer... could it be something with the settings ??
hi Jenn,

This "button you need to click on" - what is it? What does it say or look like?
is it a pop-up ad or a link protection?

Some Antivirus software have "web protection" tools which force you to accept links as checked before going to the next pages. Is this what you see?

It sounds like a security setting, or toolbar "feature." But we need more information on what this button you speak of - looks like, and what does it do when it does work by clicking on it?

Have you tried installing a different browser to see if another browser has the same issue?
Go go www.firefox.com and download that one - BE SURE TO UNCHECK "make Firefox my default browser" Once installed, see if this browser now does the same thing.

Then report back!