Assigning IP Address to Device

Closed
Amit - Feb 7, 2009 at 06:45 AM
RichyB Posts 36 Registration date Sunday February 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 11, 2009 - Feb 9, 2009 at 07:04 AM
Hello,
I am Amit Patil ,working as Embedded software engg but new to networking.I want to network 3 Rooms with my office .Each room contains 5 IP devices(say CCTV IP camera,PC).From my office Laptop I want to select any device of any room.

Now how to assign IP address to devices.
Thanks
Amit Patil

1 response

RichyB Posts 36 Registration date Sunday February 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 11, 2009 12
Feb 9, 2009 at 07:04 AM
It really depends on the setup of each device, Each device should have a network card installed if you read the manual on the devices it should explain how to assign an ip address..

Do you have a DHCP server to automatically give devices an IP? If not you will have to manually assign ips. It could get abit messy you need to get your infastructure sorted first with the correct cabling / switches.

I can go into more detail if you need me to but you will need to give me more information other than 5 devices in each room. e.g. your going to have to tell me what each device is, why it needs to be networked and the background info on your network. e.g. do you have an infastructor at the min do you have servers delivering IP addresses.

Richy