The pc wont work, white page, virus?

Solved/Closed
Marta - Jun 13, 2012 at 08:18 AM
 Joel - Jan 14, 2013 at 06:45 PM
Hello,

Yesterday I was doing some research and opened various pages in different tabs and suddenly my screen went white and said "internet explorer cannot open the page" weird because I was not using internet explorer and it is not even my defined browser. So the page is all white, no tabs, no bars just the white page, I can't even see the icons to close or minimize the page. The start button works ok, but when I try to open a program or a folder or anything, the pc opens it but I cant do anything because whatever I open cannot be used because of the white page. Like I click on the skype icon, skype is open but when I click on the skype icon the program wont appear because the white page wont let it. I opened everything but cant click on anything because every time I do so, the white page appears instead of what I clicked on. Basically I cannot use the computer for anything. I mean I'm using the computer but using another user because, yes, I can turn off the computer normally since the start button works perfectly. Please help me, please please I don't know what else to do. I'm sorry if you have some trouble understanding this but since english is not my main language and I'm no computer expert, it's kind of difficult for me to explain exactly what's going on. I just really need help because the account that got that virus or whatever it is is the administrator and I have a lot of work in there that I can't lose.
Thank you
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 13, 2012 at 05:37 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get

"Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and

keep tapping the F8 key)

2) Select the option "Safe Mode with Networking".

3) When the desktop appears, click on the below link

http://ccm.net/faq/24698-zhpdiag

Follow the instructions given only under "Diagnosis".

Good Luck
Thank you very much for your answer but I was abled to solve this a couple hours ago, I ran the task manager (the only thing I could use with the white screen) went on processes and closed one that was unknown and when I did this the white screen disappeared so I looked for the file I had closed and found this weird app... I deleted it and made my antivirus search for virus or infected files and everything was okay. Thank you very much for you help.
what was the name of the app? i have the same problem
Me too. But i can't even get my processes to open....