My HP laptop will not boot...

Solved/Closed
koonpoon Posts 5 Registration date Monday June 18, 2012 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2012 - Updated on Jan 8, 2019 at 12:48 PM
 Gulfbeachguy - Dec 27, 2015 at 03:22 PM
Hello everyone! How are you doing!? First off let me say thank you for veiewing my problem.
Also thank you in advance for any help that is given, also let me say my english is not that good.

Okay so my laptop will not boot. It is a hp pavillion windows vista laptop that has an centurion 2 processor 4gb of ram. It goes to the "Microsoft Corporation" loading screen and stays there. What could cause this? How should I go about fixing this? Also if I restore it to factory settings will it fix it?

I know I am asking a lot from everyone and I aplogize I'm just frustrated. So once again THANK YOU for any help. Have a good day!

System Configuration: iPhone / Safari 533.1
Related:

3 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 19, 2012 at 01:39 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) When you switch ON your computer, start tapping the "F8" key to get

"Windows Advanced Options"( if boot menu appears, press "Esc" key and

keep tapping the F8 key)

2) Select the option "Last Known Good Configuration".

If the problem still exists then follow the step 1 and select the option "Safe Mode"

Let me know if you are able to boot into Safe Mode.

Good Luck
koonpoon Posts 5 Registration date Monday June 18, 2012 Status Member Last seen June 20, 2012 1
Jun 20, 2012 at 02:19 PM
OH MY GOD! THANK YOU x9000! The last know configuration worked. But will I have to do that everytime? I'm afraid to shut down my computer.
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 20, 2012 at 02:34 PM
Hello,
If you have made any changes to the registry or drivers and after that you failed to boot then you can use this option Last Know Good Configuration. It restores all the registry and driver settings that were in effect the last time the OS started successfully. Its just a recovery option that you can use to start your OS by using the most recent settings that worked.
Good Luck