My sis hp pavilion dv5 laptop wont boot . Help!!

Closed
Dareme... - Jul 2, 2012 at 04:32 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jul 2, 2012 at 04:55 PM
Hello,
Hello,
my sis hp pavilion dv5 does nt boot. When i try on, all i see is hp invent . Have tried to remove battery and power on bt wont still boot. Help
cos she wont take it easy with me

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jul 2, 2012 at 04:55 PM
It could be motherboard problems or memory or hard drive problems or just corrupted Windows files.
1. MB - not much you can do but replace the laptop
2. memory - you can try to swap out one of the memory cards (if you have two) to identify if one is bad.
3. Hard drive problems are best dealt with by replacing the drive. If you burned the HP recovery disks when the laptop was new then you can load the new drive with the factory image. If not, then you can buy a set of recovery disks from HP. HP does not stock recovery disks for OLD laptops. (last 5 years only)
4. If you want to restore the laptop to its factory state. Then, press F11 multiple times after seeing the HP screen Logo when you turn-on the laptop. It will give you an option to repair Windows or restore to the factory settings. It would be worth a try to use the Vista Repair options first. The factory-restore option give you a chance to backup your user files. But, you will probably need an external drive or Burnable CD/DVDs.

Good Luck