Real Player download button no longer working

Closed
Christinajoy - Updated by Jeff on 20/02/17 at 03:40 AM
laserchicken Posts 107 Registration date Monday July 16, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 28, 2012 - Jul 23, 2012 at 08:14 AM
Hello,

I there (: I've just downloaded Real Player today and used it earlier to download a video on youtube to use to make a Ponyo gif set. That worked perfectly, but now I'm trying to download a second video and the download button is not working. It appears when I play the video, but nothing happens when I click on it. Literally nothing. There is no warning message or error message, the button acts as if clicked, but nothing else happens. Real Player is already enabled on my computer and I haven't found anything else on the forum thus far. Is there something I'm missing? Help would be appreciated (:

Related:

1 response

laserchicken Posts 107 Registration date Monday July 16, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 28, 2012
Jul 23, 2012 at 08:14 AM
Honestly, I wonder why so many people download Realplayer to retrieve video streams: it's slow, bugs with the browsers. Just see the tons of threads created with that Realplayer problem!

I have tested a bunch of downloaders lately (add ons and standalone software) and I would recommend VSO Downloader, which in my opinion does a great job on all sites I wanted to download from.
It's free, no ad or toolbar (otherwise I wouldn't recommend it).