Fujitsu Siemens laptop black screen

Closed
laura1 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 14, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 14, 2012 - Aug 14, 2012 at 09:41 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 14, 2012 at 01:26 PM
Hi,
i have a Fujitsu Siemens laptop I shut it down last night and now it won't switch on, it is charged and I can hear the fan, its also showing a green light to say its on but the screen is pitch black can anybody help please ;(
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 14, 2012 at 01:26 PM
Hello,

First of all check whether the power cable is not damaged by trying an alternative power cable. If the power cable itself is damaged, then you won't be able to charge the notebook.

If there is any port replicator or docking station, please remove it. Also, don't connect the AC adaptor to any surge suppressor, extension cord or UPS because it may cause short circuits or other. You must have it connected to the electrical outlet directly.

It may also be caused from the electrical outlet so don't forget to test a second one too.

If it doesn't work at this stage but unplug the power cord and any other external devices and drain all stored power. Try restarting the notebook now.

If this does not work, it may be a trouble with the external devices.

Remove all external devices including te PC card slots, memory card slots, CD/DVD discs and then restart the PC.

If the problem is solved, then add the devives one by one for knowing what is the device causing such a trouble.

If these don't work, I will then advise you to send it to a repair shop because the problem might be with the hardware inside.

Good luck and hope that this solves the trouble.