How to restore Sony Vaio factory

Solved/Closed
batties Posts 2 Registration date Friday August 31, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 31, 2012 - Updated on Jun 16, 2017 at 02:37 AM
 Cameron - Dec 31, 2018 at 05:48 AM
Hello,

I have a sony vaio VGNCS14G laptop with vista home premium as OS.
I was trying to restore C drive and during the process the system shutdown as it was running on battery.

now I am unable to complete the process and none of the available options are working.

can some one guide me how to factory restore form booting?

I have ended in a big mess and some please help me urgently

Thanks
Related:

5 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,173
Aug 31, 2012 at 04:42 AM
start up computer and immediately start tapping f10. This will take you to a black screen with white writing. Hit enter. The next screen gives you two options- hit the skip button. Next screen check the box and hit next. Your computer will be restored to it's factory settings in about 20min. Make sure your computer is plugged in.
My sony vaio with vista for some reason after I hit the Enter.. it goes to Sony recovery. I try to enter Restore Drive C but it goes to system recovery ...not to factory reset. Is there something else I should select? there are 4 options in this mode.
Oppps it says skip way on the bottom. Thank you for great advice!!
Thank you, it works!
Most appreciated thank you for the lovely info