HP Probook 6555b: Sudden Black Screen

Closed
Kroix Posts 1 Registration date Saturday September 29, 2012 Status Member Last seen September 29, 2012 - Sep 29, 2012 at 01:59 PM
 kris - Aug 30, 2013 at 06:13 AM
My HP Probook's screen suddenly turned completely black while I was turning it on earlier today. Everything boots up properly from what I can tell, although my mouse doesn't turn on and the keyboard doesn't seem to work. The numlock and caps lock symbols will light up momentarily but they will not turn back on when I press they keys. Besides that everything lights up like it's supposed to. The laptop turned on earlier today and worked completely fine, I turned it off when I had to go out so when I came home and turned it on again the screen didn't turn on.

I have already let the laptop's battery drain completely, removed the battery, hold the power button down, and put the battery in once more. In the 2 years I've owned this laptop I've never had one issue, so this problem came out of the blue and I am very confused!

(I'm posting from my phone so I apologize for any mistakes)
Related:

4 responses

raffoulp1 Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 11, 2013 11
Feb 11, 2013 at 08:52 PM
I am having the same exact problem with the same model of laptop. I also tried to drain all power from it unsuccessfully. I was wondering what you have done to resolve this issue?
I have the same problem!!!! on HP Probook 6555b

How did you resolved it?
Yes. Same issue here. Seems to be getting worse. Help!!!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 29, 2012 at 03:42 PM
If you unpluged the power, remove the battery and then held the power button for 60 seconds. Then reattached the power and attempt a boot with no result, I suggest that you have the graphic checked by a qualified technician.

Regards