Microsoft Essential Update

Closed
marco armani Posts 23 Registration date Friday September 21, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 21, 2012 - Oct 1, 2012 at 04:34 PM
PC Jacker Posts 31 Registration date Saturday October 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2014 - Nov 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Hello,

I am using Microsoft Essential antivirus .. but i can't update it and i don't know why in spite of my connection works fine .. when i try to update it , it gives me the following message : Virus and spyware definitions update failed , Error code : 0x80070422

any solutions please .
Related:

5 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Oct 1, 2012 at 04:47 PM
Hello

Your error code means:

Windows Update
ERROR_SERVICE_DISABLED

I suggest that you attempt a Windows update if you still can't get a MSE update, the best thing to do is to do to a avoid errors is to completely uninstall MSE (use CCleaner to uninstall the software, use also the registry tool. Redownload MSE, install and update.

Good luck

P.S. I hope your health is improving.
marco armani Posts 23 Registration date Friday September 21, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 21, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 at 11:35 AM
My dear Ambucias thank you for your wishes i didn't go to the doctor yet .

regarding MSE the problem is that my windows version is not original so i stopped all the auto updates before i connect to the internet so the only option to uninstall and install again .. thank you so much .
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Oct 2, 2012 at 04:09 PM
Greetings Marco,

I see the problem. My previous suggestion of uninstall and reinstall will never work, as a matter of fact, if you did get an update, since MSE is a Microsoft software, you would start getting daily "counterfeit" messages and within 30 days your operating system would be totally disabled.

To get MSE updates you must purchase a Windows licence first or see about another antivirus.

Remember, you are not receiving not MSE updates but also Windows updates with all the security measures which are issued every month, your computer is at risk and some software may become useless without them.

Good luck
In Windows XP, click Start , click Run , type services.msc , and then press ENTER.
Right click Automatic Updates and then click Start . If Start is unavailable, click Restart .
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, click Start , and in the Start Search box, type services.msc , and then press ENTER.
Right-click Windows Update , and then click Start . If Start is unavailable, click Restart .

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
PC Jacker Posts 31 Registration date Saturday October 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2014 1
Nov 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Regards,

I have found good way.

Try to Check Update your windows. NOTE : NOT UPGRADE.

Update for Microsoft Essentials will contain in Important Updates.

But Update for Virus,Malware,Spyware Definitions of Microsoft Essentials will show in Optional Updates.

Regards.